Comics, Movies, Video Games, and More

"Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

~Ephesians 5:16

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Be a Hero


My personal favorite verse is from Ephesians. It is the sixteenth verse of Chapter 5: "Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." The days aren't exactly chipper. Everyday a crime is committed. Someone gets hurt, whether physically or emotionally. Knowing all of this, a question someone asks himself or herself is:

How can I make a difference?

There's a wonderful song by the band Kutless, and it's called 'Hero.' Here are some of the lyrics...

You could be a Hero
You could be the change in this world
Rise above the Normal
Don’t have to be afraid any more
We are the light we are the hope

You could be a hero. What the world deems 'normal' is not normal by God's standards. I remember not too long ago at work I was faced with a situation. It would have been easy to just keep walking away, but there was a voice inside me saying I needed to go back and make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding. It would have been easy to just keep walking, but I knew I had to go back. Maybe no one would have noticed if I didn't, but I knew God was watching, and that's what mattered.

It's when your mindset changes that you can start to be a hero. When you have that voice inside you saying you need to do the right thing, even if it's uncomfortable or out of the way, you know you're on the right track.

It's easy to just be 'normal' and like 'everybody else.' But in other to "make a change in this world," we have to do things not the normal way, but the right way.

You see someone hurting? Talk to the person. You see someone bullying another? Stand up for that individual. You see someone straying off the path? Help keep him or her on track. By doing these things, you could be a

HERO

No comments:

Post a Comment